Recipe by our friend Ali Hooke!
I love a pâté. I think it’s such a great way to incorporate a ton of flavor into a smooth, creamy bite. Making it fresh in a blender will give it a light, whipped texture that feels extra decadent. You’ll feel like you’re at the counter of an oyster bar sipping a martini in no time.
Ingredients - 1 can of Ekone Smoked Salmon
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoons sour cream
- Lemon juice + zest from half lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Fresh grated horseradish, for garnish
- capers, for garnish
- Crackers or cucumber slices, for serving
Instructions 1. In a food processor or blender, combine the smoked salmon (and all of the liquid in the can), cream cheese, sour cream, dill, and lemon juice. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. If the pâté is too thick, you can add a bit more sour cream or lemon juice to reach your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more lemon juice or dill if needed.
3. Transfer the pâté to a serving dish or bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour, until ready to serve.
4. When ready to serve, take the pâté out of the refrigerator. Garnish with fresh grated horseradish and capers. Line the sides of the serving bowl with crackers and cucumber slices.
Alternatively, you could make composed bites ahead of time for your guests to grab and snack with ease.